Since we’ve been working on dialing in our nutrition here at the box, I’ve been learning just how horrible most people’s breakfasts are.
Seriously, it’s appalling. All carbs, no protein. No wonder people struggle so much with fat loss.
And don’t just take it from me.
Check out this article if you want a detailed explanation as to why we need a solid chunk of protein early in the day.
So now that we’ve established that a high-protein, tasty breakfast is muy importante for becoming muy shredded…
I’ll give you my solution.
The first version is applicable to anyone with a protein quota of 200g to 240g – medium-to-larger guys.
Let’s call it the “Turk-amale Mash.”
As with most things I eat, this is brought to you by Costco.
God bless Costco.
Prep time: AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT
Cook time: about 15 minutes
– non-stick skillet
– non-stick frying pan
– hard plastic spatula
– that’s seriously it, you guys
Ingredients (all purchased from Costco):
– 1 pork tamale
– 1 Kirkland frozen turkey burger patty – the super-lean ones
– 5 large eggs
– 2 tbsp Kerrygold butter
1. Preheat both skillets with medium heat. Add 1 tbsp butter to each.
2. When butter is melted, add turkey patty to skillet. Cover.
3. When butter is melted and sizzling, crack eggs and add to frying pan.
4. As everything is cooking, wrap tamale in paper towel. Microwave for 90 seconds.
5. When eggs are no longer translucent and can move as one unit, flip in frying pan and shut off heat.
Leave in hot butter for about 2-3 minutes to cook other side.
6. When turkey patty is cooked on bottom, flip and cut into pieces with spatula. Stir and re-cover.
Repeat until cooked through.
7. Throw everything into a large bowl and stir with a fork.
Fat – 71g
Carb – 27g
Protein – 78g
To fit this to your macros, you may need the “Turk-amale Mash Lite.”
Cut the butter by half, and cut the eggs by 2 if your protein quota is less than 200g.
This is for guys that might be trying to lean out.
This would change the macros to:
Fat – 48g
Carb – 27g
Protein – 66g
And lastly, for smaller dudes and medium-to-larger-framed ladies here’s the “Egg n’ Turkey Mash.”
I’m assuming a daily protein quota of 130-160g here, along with less margin of error for total calories.
Keep the three eggs and the turkey patty but ditch the tamale.
Replace it with about 30g of your non-glutinous carb of choice (oatmeal, potato, brown rice, corn, etc).
Add whatever condiment you like to make it palatable. I’d go with Cholula cuz it’s the shit, but that’s me.
Macros for this:
Fat – 33g
Carb – 30g
Protein – 53g
Smaller women go for the “Egg n’ Turkey Mini-Mash.”
Cut it to two eggs and 20g carbs. (That’s about 1/3 cup of rice AFTER cooking.)
This is for protein quotas of 95-130g and the smaller stomachs that go with it.
Fat – 29g
Carb – 20g
Protein – 47g
Moral of the story: Kirkland turkey patties are AWESOME.