I’ve talked at length, several times, about why a high-protein breakfast is crucial to your goals –
whether that goal is getting big and jacked or shredded and lean.
This is my alternate breakfast, because I can’t eat the same thing every single day forever
without wanting to kill everything.
Once again, this meal is made possible – well, easier anyway – by Costco.
Prep time: AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT
Cook time: about 15 minutes
-non-stick griddle or skillet
– ½ cup Kodiak Power Cakes pancake/waffle mix
– ½ tbsp Kerrygold salted grass-fed butter
– 5 eggs (although you could use 4, I suppose)
– 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
– (optional) 2 tbsp reduced-sugar strawberry jam (not from Costco)
– 1 tsp water
1. Preheat griddle on medium heat, add butter.
2. Combine eggs, pancake mix, cinnamon, and water in mixing bowl.
Whisk together until smooth.
3. Pour pancake mix onto griddle.
4. Wait until edges look firm and bubbles appear throughout, then flip (about 5 minutes or so).
Cook until bottom turns mostly golden brown.
5. Spread a nice thick layer of jam over the pancake.
I get the reduced-sugar, no-added-sweetener stuff from Target (the jar has a yellow lid) –
I’ve also seen it at a couple supermarkets, but it’s not easy to find yet.
It pretty much tastes like a bunch of strawberries smashed together, not like straight-up di-beetus.
Now eat that sumbitch!
Fat – 34g
Carb – 50g (30g without the jam)
Protein – 44g
If you need additional protein in your breakfast, feel free to add a protein shake or side of lean meat.
To cut the carbs down, nix the jam.
Oh and no, it’s not Paleo. This recipe is not for the gluten-intolerant.
You can also use this exact recipe for waffles – just put butter on the waffle iron each time first.